Sky-Watcher Explorer 250PDS NEQ6 PRO
Even better performance for astro-photography and visual use can be achieved when used in combination with Sky-Watcher’s Newtonian coma corrector (Prod.Code 20233)
- Magnifications (with eyepieces supplied) x43
- Highest Practical Power (Potential) x500
- Diameter of Primary Mirror 254mm
- Telescope Focal Length 1200mm (f/4.7)
- Eyepieces Supplied 28mm LET (2"/50.8mm)
- 9x50 Finderscope
- Parabolic Primary Mirror
- 2" (50.8mm) Dual-Speed 10:1 Crayford Focuser
- 0.5mm Ultra-Thin Secondary Mirror Supports
- EQ6 PRO Go-To Equatorial Mount with 2" Stainless Steel Tripod
- 42,900+ Object SynScan Computer Database
- 56% more Light-Gathering than 200mm
Features High Quality Parabolic Primary Mirrors to eliminate spherical aberrations inherent in 'fast' focal lengh reflectors with spherical primary mirrors. The mirrors are parabolized to bring all the light rays to the same focal point to give sharp, constrasty images, which are full of detail.
Most reflectors today usually have a coat of aluminium as the mirror surface and then an overcoat of silicon monoxide or silicon dioxide to protect it. Silicon dioxide produces a much more durable coat than silicon monoxide but requires specialized equipment to apply it and is therefore more expensive. Protection is needed, because in most reflectors, the mirror is open to the elements and deterioration of the reflective layer reduces the resolution of the telescope.ALL Sky-Watcher reflectors are Multi-Coated with Silicon Dioxide as standard for Optimum Durability and Long Term Performance.
- Optical Design
- 10 inch
- Mount Type
- NEQ-6 PRO Go-To
- Focal Length
- 1200 mm
- Focal Ratio
- What is more important?
- I want to photograph the night sky
- Telescope to navigate for you?
- Yes, I would like a scope to guide me.