The Sky-Watcher EQ8-R Pro is an exciting evolutionary progression of the popular EQ8 Pro. The EQ8-R Pro is an extra heavy-duty, observatory class German equatorial mount, with a payload capacity of up to 50kg
Delivery 1-5 Days
Warning: Last items in stock!
Quiet in operation, the EQ8-R is supplied with the Synscan™ Go-To handset and can automatically find and track over 42,900 celestial objects from its extensive computer database.
Supplied complete with Sky-Watcher's 20293 pier tripod. Two 10kg counterweights and the Synscan computerised handset are supplied. The mount is also compatible with the optional Synscan™ Wi-Fi adaptor and Synscan™ Pro Apps which can control the mount wirelessly.
The EQ8-Rh is identical to the EQ8-R model except the EQ8-Rh features a high-end Renishaw encoder on the R.A. axis which allows astro-photography without an autoguider.
Improvements over the previous EQ8 model include:
• Cable management system for reduced tangling.
• Improved Connectivity
• Improved installation position of motors for improved balance.
• Improved clutch mechanism provides more holding strength.
• Improved dovetail groove knob for added comfort and increased locking power.
• Belt drive on the DEC axes for quiet slewing (now belt driven on BOTH axes)
• High Resolution Renishaw Encoder on R.A. Axis allows Unguided Astro-Photography
**Please note Freedom-Find encoders are not present on the EQ8-Rh**